Who would say no to Pork Chicharon? This is far one of the most favorite comfort food of many. Though some may found it unhealthy, but a few bites won’t hurt you. So how exactly pork chicharon are made? It’s time for you to know it. With some patience, you can make the crunchiest and the most delicious Pork Chicharon. And don’t forget your vinegar dip.
Here’s how to cook Pork Chicharon:
1kg Pork Skin
1. Prepare a good amount of water in the pot. Boil and add salt.
2. Put the pork skin and let it boil for about 40 minutes or until tender. Drain water.
3. Slice the pork into strips or square. Depending on the size that you want.
4. Place the sliced pork skins in a pan. You can dry it under the sun for about 2-3 hours or bake in 100°C for about 1 hour. You would know that it’s ready when the oil from starts to comes out of the pork.
5. Once you’re ready to fry, you can season the pork with garlic powder and salt.
6. Heat a good amount of oil in pot. Drop the pork slices and deep fry. Occasionally stir the chicharon to evenly cook the sides.
7. Prepare your vinegar dip. You can combine all the spices that you want, pepper, chilies, etc.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
Another most requested snack. So here it is guys. For this one, remember that you can either pop the pork in the oven or dry it under the sun for hours. It takes patience to make your favorite “pulutan”, so bear with it. haha
If you have questions about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email.
How to make Pork Chicharon: