I know you’ve been craving for this. Guess what! You don’t have to dine out just to eat your favorite lechon kawali. You can now learn how to make one at home. It would only require you a good quality pork belly, some spices and a little bit of patience. But it’s very easy to cook.
Here’s how to cook Lechon Kawali:
1kg Pork Belly (depending on the cut you want)
3 cloves Garlic
1/2 cup Vinegar
1 tbsp. Brown Sugar
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
1 clove Garlic (sliced)
1/2 cup Cornstarch Diluted in water
- In a large pot, pour in a good amount of water. Drop in the spices, garlic, peppercorns and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add in the pork belly cuts. Cover and cook for about 30-45 minutes. Remove the pork from the pot. Set the pork stock aside.
- In a pan, pour in about two cups of pork stock. Pour in the vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and add the garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Pour in the cornstarch diluted in water. Give a good mix until the sauce thickens. Set aside.
- Once the pork have cooled down. Rub some salt all over.
- Heat a good amount of canola oil in pan. Dip and fry the pork belly for about 20 minutes or until light brown. Then remove the pork from the pan and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- Fry back in the pork in a medium heat until golden brown and crispy.
- Slice and serve with the sauce.
Note from Delish:
This is one pork recipe that I thought is hard to prepare. But when I tried it the first time and got it right. It’s absolutely worth sharing.
If you have any question and suggestion about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video how to cook lechon kawali:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: