Craving for some delicious soups these days? Why don’t you try Iloilo’s favorite soup? Pancit molo. It has a huge history, but only one thing is for sure. It is worth a try. So instead of dining out just to satisfy your cravings, you can cook your own pancit molo at home. With this recipe, we will also be making our homemade molo balls rather than buying the frozen ones.
Here’s how to cook Pancit Molo:
500g Ground Pork
6pcs. Shrimps (finely chopped)
100g Pancit Molo Strips
1 small-sized Carrot (finely chopped)
1 cup Green Onions (chopped)
1 Onion (finely chopped)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
3 tsp. Soy Sauce
More garlic, toasted (for the toppings)
- Combine all the pancit molo balls ingredients in a bowl. Ground Pork, shrimps, carrot, onion, garlic, egg and season with salt and pepper.
- Place one molo wrapper flat on the surface (diamond position), then scoop about a tablespoon of mixture and put it on the center. Brush some water on the edges. Slowly flip one side, sealing the mixture and creating a triangle shape. Then brush some water again on two bottom corners and flip both to seal. (see video for details). Set them all aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a small amount of oil in a pan. Put in the remaining garlic. Once it starts to brown, add in just about a tablespoon of green onions. Once golden brown and toast. Turn off the heat and drain the oil. Set aside.
- In a pot, pour in a good amount of water, probably around 6-7 cups. Add in the chicken and about a 3/4 cup of green onions. Season with soy sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Then add in the pancit molo strips. Let it boil for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, add in the molo balls. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in some good amount of molo balls, strips, and soup in a bowl. Top with some shredded chicken, toasted garlic with green onions and fresh green onions.
Note from Ren:
If you’re an Ilonggo, just like me, you’re craving for pancit molo. And it’s always great to know how to cook it at home. You can add more garlic and green onions if you want to and you have unlimited molo balls. This is a perfect recipe especially during this rainy season.
If you have any questions and clarification, just comment down below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: