If you love tocino and bangus, this recipe is for you. You can enjoy your favorite tocino taste without the guilt. It’s very easy to prepare and definitely delicious.
Here’s how to Bangus Tocino:
1 Boneless Milkfish or Bangus
1/2 cup Calamansi Juice
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Banana Ketchup
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
3 cloves Garlic (crushed)
1 can Sprite
- Prepare the bangus, cut them into 4 or any sizes you want. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine in the sprite, calamansi juice, ketchup, sugar, soy sauce, garlic and season with salt and pepper. Mix.
- Put in the bangus slices and marinate for 4 hours or much better if overnight.
- Place the marinated bangus in a strainer and let it dry under the sun.
- Meanwhile, in a pan, pour in the marinade. Then let it boil until it becomes saucy.
- Once the bangus tocino had dried up. Heat a good amount of oil in a pan and fry.
Serve with sauce and slices of cucumber.
Note from Ren:
This is one of my favorite bangus recipe next to paksiw na bangus. I just didn’t remove the scales, so it would easier to handle. But you can have it removed before deboning.
If you have any questions or suggestions about this recipe drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: