Here’s one good bangus recipe that you surely want to learn how to cook at home. It requires a bit of a preparation process, but it should be worth the taste. Relyenong Bangus is one special fish recipe that you can prepare especially during special occasion. There are several ways of doing it, but here’s simple and fast way to do it.
Here’s how to cook Relyenong Bangus:
1 pc Bangus (Milkfish)
1 pack Frozen Mixed Vegetables
1 medium sized White Onion (chopped)
4 clove Garlic (minced)
1 stalk Green Onions (chopped)
2 tbsp. Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Calamansi Extract
Prepare the bangus:
(1) Remove the innards. Bread the spine at the tail as well as the head area. Using a long thin spatula, insert it in separating the flesh from the skin. Do it all over the fish. Squeeze and press out the fish meat. (Watch the video for the actual process)
1. Clean and Remove the scales. Marinate the fish skin with calamansi extract, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Boil some water with salt and boil the fish meat. Drain water, shred and set aside.
3. Heat some canola oil in a pan, sauté onions and garlic. Pour in the cooked fish meat and add in the mixed veggies.
4. Add in the green onions, season with soy sauce, salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes. Set aside and let cool. Mix beaten egg.
5. Fill the fish skin with the mixture. Add some on the head too.
6. Wrap the fish in an aluminum foil.
7. Deep fry on both sides.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
This is probably the simplest relyenong bangus that you can try at home. I just used the frozen mixed veggies instead of preparing them seprately. Also, you might want to add some raisins on it.
If you have any question, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to make Relyenong Bangus here: