Here’s another popular pork recipe that you might want to know how to cook. The process is actually less complicated as you might think. Whatever special occasion you are preparing for, Pork Menudo is one great dish to serve. No ifs and buts, just awesomely delicious.
Here’s how to cook Pork Menudo:
600g Pork (Menudo Cut)
100 grams Pork Liver
1 large sized Carrots (cubed)
1 large size Potato (cube)
4 pieces medium sized Bell Peppers (red and green)
1/2 cup tomato ketchup
1 tbsp. Live Spread (optional)
1 cup Beef Stock
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
1 medium sized Onion
4 cloves Garlic
2 pcs. Bay Leaves
1. Heat some canola oil in a pot. Sauté onion and garlic.
2. Add in the pork, continue sautéing. Cover the pot for 3 minutes until the pork becomes a bit brownish.
3. Pour in the beef stock. Add in the bay leaves, soy sauce and season with salt and pepper. Add in the live spread. Cover and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add in the (boiled) pork liver, potatoes and carrots.
5. Add in some lemon zest and lemon extract. Cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Add in the tomato ketchup, then bell peppers. Cover and let cook for another 3 minutes.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
Since its holiday season, I’ve got tons of request to prepare something special like Pork Menudo. Here’s my version of it. I actually boiled the pork liver separately (seasoned with salt and pepper), but you can always add in raw. But add it after you’ve sautéed the pork. I boiled the liver first so it would be easier for me to cut them in cubes. 🙂 To have more taste, I actually added a tablespoon of liver spread. Some may add hotdog, but I’d rather not to.
If you have any questions about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to cook Pork Menudo here: