You can now make your own special dish at home. Making pork embutido is just easy. It may require quite a number of ingredients but it’s all worth it. Your family can enjoy this delicious dish any time they want.
Here’s how to cook Embutido:
500g Ground Pork
1 large sized Carrots (finely diced)
2 Bell Peppers (red and green) (finely diced)
1 cup Bread Crumbs
1 white Onion (finely diced)
1/2 cup Sweet Pickle Relish
6 pcs Hot Dogs (finely diced)
1/1 cup Cheddar Cheese (grated)
2 tbsp. Tomato Paste
Foil (for wrapping)
1. In a large bowl combine in the ground pork, 2 eggs, bread crumbs first. Mix evenly.
2. Then add in the other ingredients, carrots, bell peppers, white onions, sweet pickle relish, hot dogs, cheese, raisins, tomato paste, season with salt and pepper. Mix everything until properly and evenly incorporated.
3. Lay a foil in a flat surface. Spread a good amount of mixture forming a rectangular shape. Put in some hard boiled eggs and hot dogs at the center of the mixture.
4. Start rolling the foil gradually from the front side, then the back. Repeat the process until it formed a log. (see the video for reference) Seal both ends properly by twisting the foil.
5. Heat some water in a steamer. Steam the embutido for about 45 minutes to an hour.
6. Cut into serving sizes. You can either fry or serve them as is. Use banana or tomato ketchup for the dip.
Note from Delish:
This is one of the most requested recipe that I’ve got. Since Christmas is fast approaching, I’ve decided to prepare this recipe. That way you can prepare something special and delicious for your family.
If you have any questions, just drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to cook Pork Embutido: