Who doesn’t love donuts? Well if you love donuts that much, why don’t you try preparing and cooking your own at home? It is very easy to prepare and absolutely cheaper than buying a box from your favorite donuts store. This Mini Double Chocolate with Nuts Donuts is also a perfect recipe for chocolate lovers out there.
Here’s how to cook Mini Double Chocolate with Nuts Donuts:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp. dry yeast
1/2 cup sugar
1 and 1/2 cup milk
1 cup water
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup chocolate bars
You will also need:
glass, ring to cut the dough
1. In a large bowl, combine water, 1 cup of milk and dry yeast. Give a stir.
2. Set aside. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes or until you see small floating bubbles.
3. (While waiting) In a separate bowl, pour the flour, cocoa powder, sugar and salt.
4. On the water, milk and yeast mixture, add in melted butter and egg. Whisk well.
5. Combine the dry and wet mixture using a spatula. Do it repeatedly for at least 3 minutes.
6. Let the dough rest. Cover it with a cling wrap. Set side and wait until the dough rises. It would take about 2-3 hours.
7. When the dough doubles in size, you’re ready to knead.
8. Drizzle some good amount on flour on the table top.
9. Knead the dough for about 3 minutes continuously.
10. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to at half an inch thick.
11. Using a donut cutter, an egg ring or even a glass, shape the dough into circles. You can use any bottle cups for the center hole.
12. Let the dough sit another 30 minutes before frying.
13. In a large bowl, put a good amount of oil.
14. Fry the dough. Use a paper towel to remove excess oil.
1. Heat a small pan.
2. Put in the chocolate bars.
3. Pour in some milk.
4. Stir until you get the right consistency.
1. Dip one side of the donuts (or even the entire donut) one by one on the chocolate glaze.
2. Sprinkle a good amount of crushed peanuts.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
The last time I prepare a simple homemade donuts. This time I wanted to prepare something chocolatey. Also I’d realize it’s hard to bite those huge chocolate donuts that we normally buy, so I made a smaller version of them. Easy to bite, deliciously done!
If you have any question about this recipe, don’t forget to drop me a message.
Watch how to cook Mini Double Chocolate with Nuts Donuts: