Who doesn’t love squid balls? We often buy them frozen. But it’s time for you to learn how to make them at home. It’s not as hard as you think it is. And you can make as many as you want, definitely cheaper than buying them frozen.
Here’s how to make Homemade Squid Balls:
4 pcs large sized Squid (properly cleaned and skin peeled)
1 small sized Carrots (finely chopped)
1 small sized White Onion (finely chopped)
4 Cloves Garlic (minced)
2 cups All-purpose Flour
1/2 cup Cornstarch
1. Clean and cut the squid into smaller sizes.
2. Put everything in the blender. Squid, carrots, onions, garlic, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, egg, salt and pepper. Add some water. (Add more flour to adjust the mixture’s consistency). Blend everything in and put all the mixture in a bowl.
3. Fill another bowl with cold water. Using your hands, form them into balls (see video for details on how to do it). Drop each bowl in a bowl with cold water. Let it soak for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Put water in a pot. Set to low heat. When bubbles starts to form at the bottom of the pot, start dropping the soaked squid balls.
5. Once they start to float. Scoop them with a strainer, removing the excess water.
6. Heat a good amount of oil in a pan. Fry the squid balls until brown.
7. Use your favorite dip like sweet chili sauce. (See here for the recipe). Serve on a plate or with skewers.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
Squid balls is one of my favorite street foods. So I decided to try making them at home. And I am sharing with you the recipe today. Making them at home will give you the luxury of making as many as you want.
If you have any questions about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email
Watch how to cook Homemade Squid Balls: