Do you know that cabbage can make a good wrap? This cabbage roll is something new and unique that you can try at home. You can have a healthy Fried Cabbage Rolls for your family in quick and easy way. Prepare this at home and surprise your family.
Here’s how to cook Fried Cabbage Rolls:
1 head Cabbage
300g Ground Pork
1 medium sized Carrot (finely chopped)
1 stalk Green Onions (finely chopped)
1 Onion (chopped)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 tbsp. Sesame Oil
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
1 tsp. Oyster Sauce
1 cup All-purpose Flour
1/2 cup Cornstarch
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1. Boil some water with salt in a pot. Put in one whole head of cabbage (core removed) and boil for about 10 minutes. Set aside, let cool and slowly separate the individual leaves.
2. Using a paring knife, scrape off the core part so it’s not too thick when you roll. (see the video for more detailed process on how to do it)
3. In a bowl, mix in ground pork, carrot, green onions, onions, garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Take out each cabbage leaf and put a good amount of pork mixture on the edge (core part). Then start rolling to wrap, sealing both sides.
5.In a separate bowl, mix in the all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Add some water, until the batter becomes smooth.
6. Heat some canola oil in a pan. Dip the cabbage roll in the batter and fry until brown.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
If lumpia wrapper is nowhere to find, you can use cabbage instead. I find it a healthier and an innovative way of cooking. So it’s worth a try.
If you have any question about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to make Fried Cabbage Rolls here: