Looking for some sweet and sour flavor on your fish? Try this fish escabeche recipe. The best thing about this dish is you can use any fish that you want. The combination of all the ingredients will make you crave for it even more. This is one of the most loved fish dishes in the country.
Here’s how to cook Fish Escabeche:
1 large sized fish (for this one, I’ve used Talakitok)
1 piece carrots
2 pcs. larged sized bell peppers
2 pcs. ripe tomatoes
3 cloves garlic
1 tbsp ginger cut into strips
1 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. banana ketchup
3/4 cups cane vinegar
Jolly Claro Palm Olein (oil)
3/4 cups water
Corn Starch (Dissolved in 2 tbsp. water)
1. Clean the fish well, scaled, remove guts and gills.
2. Pat dry with paper towel. Rub the fish some salt and pepper.
3. Heat the oil in the pan, and fry on both until brown. Set aside.
4. On a separate pan, heat a small amount of oil.
5. Add in the ginger, onions, garlic and tomatoes. Saute well.
6. Add in the carrots.
7. Pour in the cane vinegar. The the water.
8. Season with salt, soy sauce, pepper and banana ketchup.
9. Add in the bell peppers.
10. Pour in the corn starch dissolved in water to give the sauce the texture.
11. Pour the sauce on the of the fried fish.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
This is such a great healthy and delicious dish to prepare for your family. You can also use other fish such as tilapia or lapu lapu. And I also added ketchup on this version to get that sweetness and color.
If you have any questions about this recipe, drop a comment below or shoot me a message.
Watch how to cook Fish Escabeche here: