Been receiving recipe request to prepare this popular recipe. Bicol Express is pork recipe with a kick. The combination of pork, shrimp paste, coconut milk and fresh chilies will make you crave for it even more. If you want to make your pork recipe exciting and mouth watering, cook Bicol Express today!
Here’s how to cook Bicol Express:
1kg Pork Belly (cut into serving sizes)
1 1/2 Coconut Cream
2 tbsp. Shrimp Paste
8 pcs Fresh Chilies (green and red, chopped)
4 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 large sized Onion (chopped)
1. In a pot (without putting oil), put the pork in. Cook until oil starts to come up and becomes slightly brown. Remove the pork from the pot and set aside.
2. Using the pork oil left in the pot, sauté onion and garlic.
3. Put back in the pork. Add in the shrimp paste. Mix in.
4. Pour in the coconut cream. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add in the fresh chilies.
6. Lower the heat and let cook until the sauce thickens.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
One of the most requested pork dish ever. Although the original version is much spicy. You can add more chilies if you want. But with this dish, I can eat few cups of rice. Like seriously. 🙂
If you have any question about this dish, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to cook Bicol Express here: